Old February 11th 05, 05:07 PM
W P Dixon

"Jürgen Exner" wrote in message
news:2p5Pd.1701$uc.393@trnddc01...
ET wrote:
Sport pilot is for all of us who want to just fly. Yeah you can get
signed off to fly to C and B airspace etc., but you don't need to do
that right away. At the base level sport pilot is PPL minus night
flight, minus VOR's , minus towered radio work (or any radio work at
all depending on equipment in the trainer); minus hood work.

Minus international flying (not recognized outside the USA), minus family
flying (limited to 2 seats), minus long-distance flying (even with the
x-country you will have to land frequently to refuel because of limited
airplane size), ...

I am sure I missed quite a few additional limitations

jue
So what your saying Jue is it just basically means someone who just wants
to fly for the fun of it? Well that is the whole point! As for long
distance flying , yes I can do that and yes I may have to stop more for
fuel....I don't mind at all IT'S FUN!!!! Only having one passenger is
fine by me...I get to leave the kids at the Grandparents house and take
little romantic getaways with my wife! Hmm, STILL FUN! And I can always
take the kids up around the patch one at a time to get them interested in
aviation. EVEN MORE FUN!

As for going to another country, I have no need nor any desire to go
overseas. Been there done that and much prefer to stay right here in the
good ole USA. I also have no need or desire to fly a 737 or in IFR..just
want a simple plane to have fun in. Amazing how it all points back to just
having FUN!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech