Old May 29th 05, 07:43 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jose" wrote in message
m...
It's not unreasonable. I've been told to turn off mode C, and if the
radio is causing interference (a stuck mike comes to mind) it's a
reasonable request.

A person with a stuck mic cannot hear anyone tell them to turn off the
radio.

In any case, my hypothetical situation assumes the radios are working
properly. There's no need for you to introduce new elements to the
situation. It's just one example of many situations in which an instruction
from ATC would be unreasonable, and there would be no penalty for refusing
to comply.

But if ATC says "follow the Arrow" and the Arrow then proceeds to crash
into a mountainside, I don't think you'd be cited for disobeying the
controller if you choose not to customize your aircraft the same way.

I don't think so either.

Pete