Old May 29th 05, 07:48 AM
Peter Duniho

"Antoņio" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes. I believe you may have misunderstood me. I was stating that a
clearance through all airspace comes automatically on IFR flight plans
and using it as an analolgy to explain my point.

I said "no clearance, no entry". You said "Not Not necessarilly [sic] true
in other cases--such as while on an IFR flight plan." At least two people
pointed out to you that the IFR clearance *is* a clearance (that's why the
word "clearance" is used to describe an IFR clearance).

If you are IFR and your clearance does not stipulate a route through the
Class B airspace, you are still not authorized into the Class B. If you are
IFR and your clearance does stipulate a route through the Class B airspace,
you ARE authorized into the Class B, and the IFR clearance that so
stipulated is the clearance that allowed that.

In other words, no clearance, no entry. Being IFR doesn't get you out of
having to have a clearance into the Class B.

Pete