Old July 29th 05, 09:23 PM
W P Dixon

SSI payments are welfare , SSDI however is not. Disability comes from the
Social Security system just like your retirement does, in deed it is my
retirement. And yes the system is abused way to often. The money got taken
out of my paycheck every week from the time I was 14, so I don't think it is
a handout. I'd of much rather had the money back then though!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message
John...

SS disability payments have nothing to do with on the job injury other
than that is one of MANY places where you can be disabled and it certainly
has nothing to with any contract you might or might not have with your
employer.

SSI payments are part of the social safety net and just like welfare it is
very heavily abused.

"John Larson" None ... wrote in message
Why is it a handout? If the guy, be he or she, is injured on duty and
their contract states that disability is appropriate, why jump on them?

If one thinks it is a problem, put your slate of politicians into office
and change everything.

"kontiki" wrote in message
And that is just the tip of the iceberg. If only they could check the
rest of the people (besides just pilots) collecting the handouts.

Hilton wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050719/...ility_payments