Old May 2nd 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Trust those Instruments.... Trust those Instruments.....

Great write-up Allen. Thanks for posting. 200 foot ceilings I think would be
considered "hard IFR" in many people's books. Borrowing from the New York
saying, "if you can make it there..." Must be a great confidence-builder. I
went up a couple of nights ago in VMC to brush-up on some approaches in
preparation for a possible Tuesday flight in forecast IMC. Winds were calm
at the surface but at 2000 ft we had 35 kts so I expected--and got--some
stiff turbulence on my approaches that bumped me down through 500 ft. Boy is
it a weird feeling having the bumps stop that abruptly. My lesson that day
was "workload management" in that the freq got busy right when I was to call
the tower on my 4-mile final. It distracted me long enough to lose my
glideslope (on the high side of course!).

I too find the Garmin 430 such a valuable piece of equipment. I use the
Cross Track function and it's become part of my scan on all my approaches
especially ILSs.

Marco

"A Lieberman" wrote in message
. ..
Suffice it to say, the subject line says it all.

[snip]

http://www.usenet.com