Old October 10th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tom418

Default Pitfalls in aircraft purchasing?

Besides a "title search", check with FAA records for any 337 forms. Damage
history of the plane can sometimes be found on a 337 (I've seen logbooks
with 337s conveniently "missing"). You'll need the A/C serial number.
SOmetimes 337s can be for a minor reason, as when switching to a "Brackett"
brand air filter, or installin copper cables to replace aluminum.. If you
see a 337 with "Replaced nose with part number xxx, and installed two new
props, retract test OK" plane has damage Hx.
"Elevensies" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking of buying an airplane. How can I ensure that there are no
leins or money owed on the airplane and that the title is completely

clear?
I've checked the FAA database and the registerd owner is the vender,but I
want to be careful. How do I go about this?