Old April 20th 20, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann[_2_]

Default Canopy tinting

On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 11:07:19 AM UTC-5, wrote:
When I replaced my ventus canopy I enquired about two things UV blockage and tint. They, the factory, answered both tinted and untinted are formulated to block 95% UV just a little less 99% that is glass. So I opted for the untinted for the reasons stated in previous posts.

CH

My Phoenix Motorglider has a tinted canopy. This has a very significant advantage in that it makes it easier to read my iPad and glass cockpit instruments. I have no experience applying tinting to an existing canopy, but if you are getting a new canopy, I would definitely recommend tinting.