Old March 5th 20, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Flarmnet

I am surprised no one corrected you yet...
We managed just fine before flarm??? Did you count how many midairs used to happen in contests and non contests all over the world before flarm comparing to the number of midair’s since flarm was introduced??
While you don’t want some idiot flying with flarm near you, I don’t want some idiot flying without flarm anywhere near me. Other than in a gaggle, if you believe you can see and avoid another glider in collision course with you , you give yourself way too much credit. Your chances of midair are the same as if you were flying blind folded. The only thing that saved you so far is the big sky.

Ramy