Old May 13th 04, 04:25 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:20:02 GMT, "Richard Kaplan"
wrote:

"Aaron Coolidge" wrote in message

I would say that the two airplanes are very comparable in terms of power,
speed, range, price, payload flexability, etc.

A huge difference is that the Mooney can be equipped to be known-ice
certified.

I was just looking at an SR-22 complete with a weeping wing de-ice
system. You mean they put all that on it and it still can't go near
ice?

With fixed landing gear it is about 20 knots faster than my highly
modified Debonair (bout the same as an F-33, just not as nice inside)

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

For anyone spending $300K on a serious IFR airplane, it is hard for me to
imagine how/why this is not a dealbreaker for Cirrus.

Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com