Old July 21st 03, 07:13 PM
Joseph Wilkinson

I have only just got to this debate. I was on HMS Victorious 1966 to 1967
when we bought this aircraft.
We paid, I believe £120 for it, but that could have been £160. The memory
goes with the passage of time.
We brought it back from Sydney to Singapore, and from there the RAF shipped
it back to UK in a Herk.
I helped to pay for it and over the years I have told people that I owned a
little bit of it whenever I saw it flying. When it crashed it was like
losing an old and dear friend. Very upsetting.
I met the pilot 2 years ago when he flew a Swordfish to Sherburn in Elmet,
Yorkshire, where it was built, for an annual pilgramage. He bought with him
a CD rom of Royal Navy aircraft for an add on to Combat Flight Simulator. I
fly it regularly. If you get the chance, get a copy.
However, I would always want to see aircraft where they should be....in the
air.
We know accidents will happen, but there will always be pilots to fly them
and public to watch them.
Sorry for going on, but I was just thinking about the times I sat in its
cockpit on passage to Singapore, shooting down the enemy with gay abandon. I
was only young you understand.

Hub & Diane Plott wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/3061391.stm
here is a link