Old April 21st 05, 11:10 PM
Ron Webb

"Corky Scott" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:38:24 -0800, "Ron Webb"
wrote:

Note that I can make it show 160 HP just as easily. A 2 barrel 300 cfm
carb
and stock low performance heads, cam and shorty headers are all it takes.

But Ron, you just described what V6 STOL owners **DO** use for the
engine.

Yea, I know. That's why I threw that in there.

It's not what Blanton did though. He ported his own heads, and had his own
cam custom ground. I don't remember what he used for a carb, but I'll bet it
was bigger than a 300 CFM 2 barrel. He also made his own headers (parts are
available now from northwest aero).

All that adds up to substantiating Blanton's claims, and simultaneously
explaining why others have not done as well.