Old August 9th 05, 04:18 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"JohnH" wrote in message

Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is, unless a charter company
lost business to it.

It's a matter of standards for public safety mandated by the FAA.

You lost me there. Is a flight safer if a pilot pays for part of it?

Well yes, a charter operator has much higher standards it must meet to be a
charter operator. Are you saying because there happens at this moment in
time to be no charter operators where I'm based I should be able to rent out
my PP-SEL R-H skills to those that would use the service if it were
available? I mean otherwise the people are going to drive and no charter
operator is going to be out any business.