Old September 24th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Emily[_1_]

Default Ron did it!!

M wrote:
Congrats!

Now remember, IFR in a light plane can only really safely go in about
20% of the instrument weather mother nature can throw at you.

However, an instrument rated pilot can go in about 40% of the VFR
weather that would have been too risky for a VFR-only pilot to attempt,
due to the the risk of weather closing in being too great.

Therefore paradoxically, by getting an instrument rating you will find
yourself flying a lot more VFR than you had before :-)

Uh, ok. That's not the case for me, nor most of the pilots I know.

Congratulations to Ron anyway. But...why isn't he posting all about the
ride?