Old January 14th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

Default The FAA and the military

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message .. .
: Dallas wrote:
: Is the FAA the
: final word on regulations for everything in the US airspace with the
: military using an additional set of their own regulations?
:
: Please see my reply to C J Campbell's message where I cite what I believe
: is the appropriate legislation. The answer is not simple, but congress
: appears to have basically made the FAA the principal regulatory agency over
: the U.S. airspace and excepting "emergency or urgent military necessity,"
: military flights must follow FAA regulations.

so that begs the question, who decides "emergency or urgent military necessity?"