Old August 6th 03, 12:31 AM
Scott Marquardt

Robert Perkins asked:

Well, whaddayaknow.

You getting back in the left seat, Scott?

Hi Rob!

Heck, Oshkosh is, itself, a left seat. Just about as much fun. I'm
extremely pleased that my kids got to hear Bud, Chuck, Bob, Burt, and
all the others in person. For my part, an hour at the Farm (just
watching) is more fun than I have around Chicago in a year.

The issue is entirely cash, so no, I won't be in the left seat for a
good time to come. It's these dang kids! It's their fault!

Meanwhile, inspired by the rash of scooter designs plaguing urban
police forces and Oshkosh booths this year, I'm mulling over a new
ultralight design. Enough, already, with sedentary flying! How about
the ultimate -- a Segway with a prop!

If I won the lotto (unlikely, since I don't play it), it'd be the
Velocity. That determination hasn't changed since it won my affection
from the Q2 years ago (alas, Dave Thompson). Before the Q2 it was a
Mooney 201 I wanted, but that was just a childhood fantasy.

As I said to my kids of the paralite skycruisers, though, "I'd strap
one of those to my back anytime, anywhere."

Happy flying...