Old July 7th 03, 05:19 AM
Bill Silvey

"Jughead" wrote in message
1.230
"Bill Silvey" wrote in news:2G4Oa.37479
:

Anyone watching "Mail Call: Live From The Gulf" with R. Lee Ermey on
the History Channel? Awesome stuff!

I caught the tail end of it myself. I think I tuned in at the point
they were talking about the CH-53 requiring 18 man hours of
maintenance for every 1 hour of flight. Wish I would have tuned in
earlier.

They covered the USAF air rescue forces, talked about MOPP protection and
chemical contamination cleanup, logistics trains, carrier deck air ops, mail
delivery logistics, front-line housing logistics and UXB disposal.

I'm sure they'll re-run the tape of it. It was "live" (the host segments),
but pretty well rehearsed. Also, R. Lee said he'd be taking a week off to
go from the jump-off camp he was at in Kuwait all the way to Baghdad, so I'm
sure they'll be filming for another broadcast all the way along.

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.