Old February 21st 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Post-Annual Flight

On Feb 20, 8:21*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

This year we found an exhaust shroud (on the carb heat side) that had rivet
and screw holes wowed out (vibration) and needed sheet metal work that was
beyond my capabilities. * And, in an incredible coincidence, the right main
gas tank gauge that had stopped working immediately after some avionics work
(the classic "maintenance-induced failure") last fall turned out to be the
float having fallen off the sending-unit arm, rather than a gauge problem.
Who'd a thunk?

I had that same issue on my Mooney once. However, its much harder to
get into the fuel bays of the Mooney since we don't have tanks. I've
done it several times now but it usually takes me a couple hours to
get into each access hole.

-Robert