Old July 22nd 04, 05:43 AM
Geoffrey Sinclair

WalterM140 wrote in message ...

My text, deleted again it seems.

Firstly some deleted text I wrote, on what Eaker said to Lovett,
the source for my comments,

Williamson Murray in his book Luftwaffe, quoting Boylan, in The
development of the long range fighter escort, pages 90 to 91
and 121.

This has to be deleted. It cannot exist if Walter is to try and smear.

I find no evidence that Eaker thought it imperitive to provide escort or
that he communicated such with Lovett.

So why were P-47s fitted with drop tanks and used as escorts during
Eaker's period of command?

You seem to have just made it up.

Translation Walter is as bad at character assassination as history.

You lied. You got caught. Again.

Walter's definition of telling lies is basically pointing out unpleasant
facts that ruin his preferred fiction.

Sinclair wrote:

Meantime Eaker convinced Robert Lovett, the Assistant Secretary of
War for Air to push for a long range fighter.

Eaker never said anything during the summer of 1943 to Asst.
SecWar Lovett such as you said he did.

I presume Walter has the transcripts of all the Eaker Lovett conversations,

deleted text,

"to make this claim but I doubt it. Alternatively he has read the Boylan book
I referenced, but I doubt that as well."

Yes folks, whenever I back up the claim the information has to be
deleted it seems, otherwise the next sentence cannot be written.

You made the statement. You can't back it up. You lied. You got caught.

This is becoming very funny, every time I post the source for the
information Walter deletes the reference and announces "lies".

Walter's definition of telling lies is basically pointing out unpleasant
facts that ruin his preferred fiction.

Eaker did not discuss the development of a long range fighter with Lovett when
Lovett came to England in the Summer of 1943. Eaker did not urge the rapid
development of such an aircraft at that time.

Note by the way the new addition to the Walter claims, "the rapid
development one". Another standard tactic, introduce a different
claim and go on about it. I have little doubt Eaker would not be in
the "rapid development" camp, but it appears he had a foot in the
"good idea to develop one" camp. He was also doing it, with the
efforts to put drop tanks on P-47s. I also note the new claim the
idea Lovett did not discuss the idea of long range fighters with
the commander of the air force he was visiting. Why not? Since it
is clear the idea was going around, why did Lovett fail to raise the
topic?

It appears Eaker is set up as the 2 dimensional bad guy, so the fact
the 8th did improve escort range and numbers during his command is
to be ignored, the fact people have noted Eaker did understand the
idea of long range escorts has to be dropped.

You lied. You got caught.

Silly isn't it? It seems Walter's idea of "bye" is to simply repeat claims
of lies over and over.

Geoffrey Sinclair
Remove the nb for email.