Old September 15th 03, 09:57 AM
Luca Morandini

Ogden Johnson III wrote:
Luca Morandini wrote:

shouldn't he set the autopilot on and bail out himself (after
allowing for the rest of the crew to bail out safely, of course) ?

Same reason as with the ditching; whatever the aircrew did, there was
no guarantee that the aircraft, wherever it crashed, would be
unrecoverable.

Hmmm... I beg to differ, it would have been MUCH easier for the US Navy
to recover/destroy sensitive material than for the Chinese one to do so.

Anyway, may I conclude that regulations prescribe sensitive material to
be destroyed but NOT at the cost of destroying the entire aircraft or
putting the crew in danger ?

Regards,

Luca Morandini
GIS Consultant