Old August 14th 14, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blake Seese 9V

Default PowerFlarm Problems

On Saturday, August 9, 2014 6:23:26 PM UTC-6, Blake Seese 9V wrote:
I have had a lot of trouble with my PowerFlarm. It has been sent back under recall twice and is still not reliable. It continues to lose GPS lock and I keep loosing flights because the Oudie it is supporting is set not to switch to internal GPS per instructions from the Flarm people. Is anyone else having trouble with their Flarm unit?

I have asked the Flarm people to replace the unit with a factory new one, since I do not believe this one can be fixed properly and I have no faith in it. They want me to send it in a third time for a main board replacement (2nd one) but I just don't have faith that it will be a reliable unit.

Am I asking too much to have them replace my defective Flarm with a new one? I wrote to them directly, and for a week now I have had no reply. The company I work for would replace a defective part no questions asked. Why are the guys at Flarm blowing me off?

Thanks,

9V

Flarm guys finally got back to me and denied a replacement. My only option is to send it back to Williams Soaring for yet another board replacement. I am not at all satisfied with this, but apparently have no other choice. I will post again once I get it back and find out if it works.