Old March 10th 04, 09:11 PM
Going fer it

Ben - winter getting to you dear Boy......

Of course we could make the World Class the competition that hotshots
want to fly.

Make the International winner $100,000 richer and I suspect you wont
have any complaints from top guns wanting to earn a bit of extra coin
:-)

Who gives a toss about what they look like, topguns will then say its
the $100K they will earn that will make them want to compete.

BMW owners will always look down their noses at Hyundai owners........

Ben Flewett wrote in message ...
All valid points but....

You get what you pay for and nobody wants to buy a
PW5 because they are overpriced rubbish. That is why
the World Class concept has failed in it's current
format.

I am a great fan of the World Class concept and will
happily sell my D2 and buy a World Class glider. But
I am not spending $20,000 on a glider that goes no
better than the $4000 K6 I owned when I was an 18 year
old student - especially as it would mean I couldn't
fly against a large number of top pilots as I can in
the D2.

At 20:54 09 March 2004, G.Kurek wrote:
I'm not a big fan of a flying sperm cell either, but
you can forget
that Discus or LS4 will ever become a world class.
One of the major
requirement for that class is: can you produce NEW,
laminate, low cost
glider that will be widely accessible to everyone that
wants to fly?
NOT, can you buy a 30 year old LS3 at the similar price
or if you can
buy new Discus for $70,000, making gliding even less
accessible for
regular folk. Now take a wild guess dont you see any
LS4, or Discus in
majority, if not all American clubs? Is it because
Pewee is better? Or
is it because Pewee is cheaper to aquire and operate?
If that wasn't
the requirement Poles would probably propose Jantar.