Old March 13th 04, 05:38 PM
Paul J. Adam

Default "When Thunder Rolled" review in ASPJ

A shameless plug for the named book, which was recently reviewed in Air
& Space Power Journal with sentiments strongly akin to mine own.

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...v/rasimus.html

"Not much in When Thunder Rolled is new: flying the Thunderchief in
combat over North Vietnam in the mid-1960s was hazardous to one’s
health; the theory of gradualism wasted airmen’s lives without having
much impact on enemy decisions; and micromanagement of field leadership
from afar had similar effects. Yet, Ed Rasimus manages all of that in an
engaging way with readable prose and obvious pride in what he endured
and achieved—but without the excessive chest thumping commonly found
in such books...

....for an enjoyable read on what combat is like for company-grade
officers, I recommend When Thunder Rolled."

(And he hasn't even cut me in on the royalties for this )

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill