Old January 16th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder

"Peter Kemp" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:29:07 GMT, "John Doe"
wrote:

I just read an article that said the Tuscon sector of the border patrol
now
has a Predator-B UAV. The B model is the new and improved (and much more
expensive) UAV. I don't think even the military has taken delivery of one
of these yet. Total politics. This is so overkill for border patrol it
makes me sick. Talk about fraud, waste and abuse of taxpayer money.

Got a cite for the Tuscon Predator B? Because AFAIK there are *none*
outside the development program ,with the exception for the NASA
ALTAIR on which the B is based.

--
Peter Kemp

The National Museum of the United States Air Force has a preproduction model
of the Predator A on display. Just in case anyone wants to see the actual
article.

Tex