Old June 15th 14, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Schroth 4 or 5 point safety harness, loop ends, new condition

Hi archerzulu, maybe you didn't see my PM to you days ago...

Regarding buying Schroth aviation belts, it is possible however you have to buy from their partner BAE Systems. So while not a retailer, still a possible route to place an order through. They may also send you the EASA documents but you'd have to ask about that.

How do I know this? Because I went through the same exercise a couple years ago. Purchased a glider from a friend and tried to find the same belts that were in my previous glider. Direct emails to Schroth sent me to BAE. All they (BAE) needed was the number off the back of the tag from the existing belts and they gave me a quote.

I ended up keeping the existing belts in the glider as they have plenty of life yet in them.

If I would contact them again I would be very specific: quote for belts, buckle, attachment hardware loops, easa form, etc. Kind of a help them help you exchange should iron all the details out.

Here is the contact info I've been keeping for future reference:

Erica Brechemin
Contracts Associate
Security & Survivability

BAE Systems Land & Armaments
1371 SW 8th Street, #3
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Phone 954-784-3178
Fax 904-680-9737
Email

Can't hurt to pick up the phone and try.

Good luck,
Britton