Old October 14th 11, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default Cadillac commercial accident?

On Oct 1 *If you can, I encourage
you to wait for accurate information.

OK, I have accurate info now. They were attempting to get a shot of
the Escalade launching the DG-1000. They were using a 200' rope.
Lynn pulled up very sharply, the rope broke, and there was
insufficient altitude for the glider to recover. The glider nosed in,
destroying the cockpit. EMTs were on site, but were unable to revive
Lynn. No one on scene had very much ground launch experience. I sure
wish I had been there... I am so upset that this happened in my own
back yard. If I had only known this was happening up there, I would
have come up. Hind sight is always so painful. I feel for all of you
that were involved. Talking to someone that was there, it was not a
hap hazard operation and they were thinking about safety very much.
They just did not have anybody with enough ground launch time present.
Thankfully he was alone in the cockpit.

I am so sorry for everyone involved in this accident. Feel free to
call or email me anytime.

503-708-8869

Gary Boggs