Old October 10th 10, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default Ventus ballast leak

On Oct 9, 4:52*pm, Bob wrote:
On Oct 9, 4:21*am, wladkummer76 wrote:

Hi all,

Id like to ask for help here. My Ventus a SN143 right wing ballast is
leaking around the ballast valve actuator rod. I've contacted S&H but
no response so far. I do not know if a O-ring seal would fit in the
small recess.

Have anyone in this group experienced this problem?

Thanks to everyone

A VERY affordable fix is to simply get some Chapstick and slather /
smear it with your finger around where the ballast actuator rod comes
out of the wing. *A 1/16" layer does nicely. *This can be easily done
at the same time you are greasing the wing assembly rods. *Re-apply a
layer of Chapstick each time you assemble on days you plan to fly with
water. *A little Chapstick also works very nicely to stop any drips
emminating from the drain valve in the undersurface of the wing.

19

Bee 's wax from the seals used to install toilets also works and is a
little more substanial than chapstick. Get a Ace hardware or
HomeDepot.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com