Old September 16th 19, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

Default Kawa rough landing?

The airfield I learned to fly at had a significant slope on one approach, the trick was to touch down just before the slope, on the close to level ground.
On several occasions whilst training, I touched down on the slope, it was tricky to handle, but will stand me in good stead should the situation arise.
As with all potential emergencies, one should try and predict them, and have a plan to deal with such an ocourance.
Even fields that look fine from the air can have a significant slope that is difficult to pick from the air.