Old September 17th 19, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Kawa rough landing?

Krasw I guess you miss the main point of the posts. The point is.... if you want to get good at any particular aviation skill you have to practice it alot. Talk all you want, it is no excuse for specific experience.

Case in point, all the stall spin accidents that continue to happen. We have discused, analysed, surmised, engineered, and dogmatized that topic to death. But it still is the number one killer. Why? I believe its because very very very few pilots have taken tbeir bird up at altitude and practiced practiced practiced. Not incipid entry alone but that, AND full rotation, practice and experience again and again till recognition and recovery becomes automatic.
Off field landings are bo different. Even with all that said and tons of practice **** does happen. Maybe not for the guy who never does more than float around at tge top of a thermal venturing only gliding distance from home field. But for the guy who is trying to stretch and do something, if he does enough, hes gonna get bit once in awhile. That includes Kawa, or Moffat, or any one.

Talking is great and necessary, but doing is a whole lit more essential.