Old May 24th 20, 10:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luc Job[_2_]

Default AOA indicator poll.

How robust are the pressure sensors? I assume if the electronics are not switched on that there is no danger of damaging them even if some idiot blows into a probe or port.

The datasheet say that the proof pressure is 35psi.. about 2.3 bar... So not foolproof, but I bet that neither the mechanical ASI, nor the electronic calculator will do better...

The port is just under the nose... If you land into a swamp or a very soft field other parts of the plane will be clogged and need cleaning... It's not impossible that a bug crashes precisely there... But we have no MCAS to worry about if the AoA fails.