Old November 15th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default From AOPA: Team plans global jaunt on solar power

Bertie wrote

Good luck to him! It'll be one of the biggest tech leaps made in a very
long time

Bertie

Don't think of this is a great technical leap, it's just exploiting
some recent advances in solar cells. It's some nice applied
engineering, and a way of putting a human life at risk on a thrill
ride.

Stuff in a moderately stupid computer and GPS, and let the thing do
its trick unmanned with a much smaller payload and no one will be at
risk -- not the pilot, and not those who might have to rescue him.

This really gets filed under the title "Stupid Rich Human Tricks".

For a troll, Bertie, you disappoint me. I expected better. On the
other hand, maybe that's a troll's job.

Sigh.