Old August 17th 03, 07:31 AM
Sylvain

Default looking for model aircraft for teaching ground school purposes

am still working towards becoming a CFI, putting together
lesson plans and all that sort of things;

I have been looking for a model aircraft that would be
suitable for teaching ground school; i.e., ideally,
should look like a GA aircraft, may be moving surfaces
(i.e., ailerons, elevator, rudder...), a moving prop;
but doesn't have to be a flyable model.

I remember having seen in some flying clubs in the past
neat models like this, but never thought of asking
where they came from; I searched the local hobby shops,
and although these shops are full of wonderful stuff (I
could spend hours there :-), nothing that comes close;
i.e., either very flimsy/fragile flying models, or
display models (always depicting military aircraft,
fragile too, and no moving parts);

Thought about looking into some construction sets (e.g.,
erector, lego, etc.) but to no avail yet;

any suggestion?

--Sylvain