Old January 8th 16, 10:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Neave[_2_]

Default Which sustainer system would you chose for your sailplane?

Approximate prices as of spring 2015...

D2c 18m - 68k Euro
D2cT 18m - 85k Euro
D2c FES 18m - 93k Euro

All plus VAT.
All plus loads of "Options"

By the time you've added a trailer & sensible instrument fit you're looking
at around 150k Euro inc VAT, so difference between "traditional" turbo &
FES is less than the variation in exchange rates from week to week (Or day
to day at the moment!)

KN

At 16:44 07 January 2016, Dan Marotta wrote:

I haven't compared that price to the price difference on a new glider
with and without a FES but I would guess that it was in line with buying
a new glider. Travel, shipping, and lodging costs are considerable for
the duration of the installation.