Old September 26th 05, 11:47 PM
Rob

Frank Stutzman wrote:
In rec.aviation.owning Rob wrote:

Side question: How does one intentionally reset a garmin 430 to
factory defaults? There must be some "three-fingered-salute" or key
combination at power-on that does this but I can't find it in the
manual.

AFAIK, its not in the user manual. It may be in the installation manual.

Hold the 'clear' button down while powering on the unit. You may have to
keep holding the 'clear' button down until it finishes its self test, but
I don't remember exactly.

If you hold the 'enter' button down while powering it on, you to the
hardware set-up page that allows you to do all sorts of things that Garmin
and your avionics shop would prefer you didn't. I'm thinking you may be
able to get the s/n of the unit though here as well, but I havn't had a
chance to check it myself.

This is probably not a time for fat-fingering the wrong button.

Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"
Hood River, OR

Excellent Frank, thanks!