Old May 4th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Texas State Sales and/or Use Tax on Glider bought out of state

You'll need advice about Texas tax law from someone else, but I'll
mention my experience since it might be germane in Texas. I bought a
plane several years ago while I lived in Ohio. After about a year I
got a bill from the state for sales tax, even though I had made the
purchase in a different state. I paid the bill, along with an
explanation of who I bought it from etc. Six months later they sent
my payment back saying I owed nothing since I had bought it from a
private party, not a dealer. The fact I had bought in a different
state was irrelevant. This was a happy surprise, and it might be the
same in Texas. Fred