Old March 26th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Solar charger damages batteies - what's good one?

wrote:
Are there recommendations for a more suitable charge controller? When
charging, the controller is placed in the trailer, or in the gear well
if the glider is tied out, so the battery and controller temperatures
are the same.

Aren't the Morningstar Sunkeeper series 3-stage?

Yes, they are. I don't like the shape, so I'm leaning towards the
Steca-5-c with similar specs and $30 instead of $60. But, I'm still
looking for recommendations and warnings.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes"
http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org