Old April 23rd 04, 10:23 PM
Bruce Gray

The GIII that crashed had a normal size tail. From my conversations with the
owner most modifications were confined to the engine mount, cowling, and
engine.

Bruce
www.glasair.org

"Greg Siemon" wrote in message
This is brings to mind the loss of an old acquaintance, Ben Moyel, at KSOH
several years ago. I also own a GIII 330HP http://members.cox.net/n30sx/
that is modified from plan. I did have one observation from the pictures

in
Sport Aviation and that is that the horizontal looks very small, at least

in
comparison to my AC. This may be just the result of the perspective form
the picture as I have not seen Jawbreaker in person. Any comments?

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message

news
I am told that the Glasair that crashed (fortunately not fatal) at SNF
Sunday was the beautiful, highly-modofoed Galsair III, "Jawbreaker,"
that is featured in the April Sprot Aviation. The apparently stalled,
dropped a wing and turned over.

This plane was absolutely gorgeous! The had re-engineered it to take a
Lycoming IO-720, modified to 450 hp. Such a shame!