Old September 10th 04, 03:41 PM
Tim Ward

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news ...
In article ,
Scott wrote:

I'm looking to find some product that can remove oil stains from
concrete so that paint will stick. My shop used to be used by a car
mechanic and now that I build airplanes in it, I'd like to paint the
floor a very light gray or off-white. I don't think that just using
"Gunk" will remove it enough to get the paint to stick. Maybe some sort
of epoxy-like sealer first? Any ideas?

Get the stuff from any automitive supply place, or try "Kitty Litter."

I've had good luck on my driveway using TSP.
That used to be tri-sodium phosphate, but now the label says it's sodium
carbonate and sodium sesquicarbonate.
I sprinkle it on fairly heavy, then keep it wet for awhile, scrub a little
with a stiff broom, and wash it off. It gets off the heavy deposits,
anyway.

Tim Ward