Old November 4th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Default ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

Pilots come in all shapes. Measurements of cockpits can be deceptive, as
width depends on fore-and-aft position. You must try it on!

As to competition sucess, it somewhat depends on weather. the Southeast is
different than the Southwest. To be scientific, go to the SSA web page and
review all of last years 18m contests--regional and National. Then figure
the number of "29s and the number of V2s in the top quartile, divided by the
number of entries of each. This should give you the proportion of each
glider in the top quartile---The results should be interesting and
enlightening.

In strong weather---the 15m and 18m ships with high wing loading do well. In
anemic weather the 18m ships with lighter wing loading do well.

Good luck in your quest---I really don't think you would go far wrong either
way

--
Hartley Falbaum
DG800B "KF" USA/prev ASW27B "KF" USA

wrote in message
oups.com...
Why would a buyer who is putting up 120K plus be biased? We put up the
money and there is no return to being brand loyal. The buyer should
control. I have owned gliders from AS and SH, no bias only want the
best my dollars can buy.

So I ask again, if you wanted to buy the best for racing 15/18 which
glider?

Go for it. Good luck with finding an unbiased discussion, there are few
things more biased than choosing one glider brand over another...