Old November 4th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
UFO

Default ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

It's not likely that you will be able to get both sides of the story
from 1 single individual on this request because most people who can
afford to by an 18 meter motor glider are conservative by nature; once
they find something they like, they stick to it. (Me a
conservative....Who Knew?) Only a few of us can afford to have both a
ASG 29 and a V2cx. It is common knowledge who's gliders wings change
shape shortly after delivery and who's don't.

I have a V2cxm. It is my 3rd Ventus motor glider, in a row. Vcm,
V2cm and V2cxm. So I have experienced the "aerodynamic evolution"
on the Ventus 18 meter line. From my perspective the VcM ran very well
and she could climb once I learned her nuances but climbing was an
acquired skill which took me a while, a very pleasurable while I might
say.... The V2c climbed like a homesick angle hands off, however my
impression was that the run was slightly sacrificed for the climb
because of the diverging lift vectors at the tip with all that
dihedral. Now they really got right with the V2cx... She climbs AND
she runs, with sweet control harmony on all axis.

Thanks my experience with the Ventus line.....

What's great is that it's a self launcher too....Well isn't that
CONVENIENT...

The ASG looks impressive, I stood by the runway at Ionia as Rudy
Mosher landed next to me and it was the prettiest slowest, shortest
land I can recall. Very nice....

John Sullivan UFO
..