Old April 14th 05, 03:26 PM
GEG

Seems like every non-military commercial pilot has
gone through a lot of instructing.
Many of the flight schools around here (DC/Baltimore)
have young chippies come in for 6-12 months, build hours,
and take the first non-instructing flying gig they can get.
Most seem to come in, though, with enough hours to be commercial
and instrument.
In fact, nearly all have gone to some flight school (ATP, University,
Embry Riddle, etc.) where you dump $30K (roughly) and get your
commercial/instructor by the time you leave in 4-6 months.

Either way - it costs money. Even instructors have paid dearly
to get there. Then, they don't make very good money.

My best recommendation is to marry into money or success and
then your just adding a little to the family money pot . . .hee hee.

In retrospect, I guess I'm a little stupid! I married for LOVE!
How bad is that! Ha!