Old January 26th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shawn

Default Blood Oxygen level question.

HL Falbaum wrote:
We can get very scientific here, but why?

I used to work in a hemoglobin research lab and my wife is a science
geek M.D. I could bore you to tears. :-)

Oxygen is cheap--get a pulseox and use it ia few times, then spot check.
Sometimes the flowmeters are "off" a bit.
If you must conserve, due to lack of supply, then aim for a pO2 of greater
than 90.
If it is necessary to conserve often, then get a bigger supply, or be more
efficient, such as a EDS (medical equivalent is a CPAP)--

CPAP is something else, for treating breathing problems during sleep.
Hopefully you won't need one of those flying!

Shawn