Old April 3rd 10, 01:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

Default Help please

Mike Mackenzie wrote (in part):

The attached photo was sent to me by the curator of a local aviation
museum, requesting identification. Although it looks vaguely
familiar, I can't put a handle on it. Can anybody help?

Thanks for your responses. I think we would have to agree that it is
not a glider, or a relatively high performance fighter type of that
era, or a chopper (wrong instruments). Also I think it would have to
be single pilot and probably single engine. I know it is not a Link
Trainer - were there any other "simulators" around then?

If we can't solve this in the next day or two I'll see if they know
what the other instrument is. I doubt that it would be an A/H,
otherwise there should be a DG and a better altimeter. That centre
instrument looks like a magnetic compass to me.

Some further information from the museum, which doesn't help much. The
instruments are of American manufacture and they were last overhauled
by Kingsford Smith Aviation, Bankstown (Sydney, NSW) in 1969.

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA