Old March 16th 21, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

Default The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue?

"I know what I'm going to do for fun this weekend....I'll spend my Saturday hanging around with 85 year olds, pushing heavy gliders about all day and hopefully I'll get a 20 min flight in return for my efforts".

Well, that isn't exactly what happens. (85 year olds? Really?)

But it isn't "Well. I know what I'm going to do for fun Saturday. I'll have Mom drive me to the airport and sit around playing with my iPhone while a bunch of old geezers push heavy gliders around and go take a flight after they get it set up for me. That's if there isn't anything better on Tik-Tok or Snapchat. Or if Tiffany doesn't send me a shot of her panties on WhatsApp and I get bored. Or maybe I'll just blow it off and go fly a glider on my computer simulator instead."