Old August 15th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jonathan Goodish

Default Who needs terrorists when we have Sony?

In article ,
Cub Driver usenet AT danford DOT net wrote:
So, Dell has exploding laptops.

Not really. Dell sold laptops with SONY batteries in them, and these
SONY batteries occasionally burst into flame.

If I recall correctly, Apple had the same problem a couple years ago
with Sony batteries, though I believe that Apple's issue was identified
and corrected quickly. I don't know what the specific defect was with
the batteries that caused them to "explode," but this story is only
significant because of the magnitude of the problem.

JKG