Old March 2nd 04, 03:33 AM

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:18:31 -0800, "BTIZ"
wrote:

snip

What is he doing looking inside the airplane on a "ramp check"??.. last I
read, only thing that can be checked on the "ramp", is my pilot certificate
in my possession and my medical. (Part 91, not 135 or 121) and he gets to
see my certificate, but not handle it.

Not sure what you read. Depending on the level of "surveillance" he
deems necessary, he/she can to see just about anything directly
pertaining to operations under 91. There are only a few additional
items that might be requested for 135 ops.

He has no authority to look in the aircraft other than through the windows.
And any paper work on the aircraft he wants to see can be done by
appointment at the local FSDO nearest my home.

"He has no authority to look in the aircraft" without your permission.
He also has no authority to delay you in going about your business.

TC