Old February 17th 09, 09:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
VOR-DME

Default Wing De-Icing Question

In article , says...

It seems only truthful to say that the pilots did something that was wrong,
and in this case, they bought the farm because of it.
--
Jim in NC

You may end up being right, but today we simply do not have the factual base to
substantiate that claim. The autopilot today is so integrated into normal
flight operations that simply "turning it off" would require out of the
ordinary conditions, which have yet to be demonstrated for the flight in
question. What you claim to be "only truthful" to me is as yet
unsubstantiated.