Old November 15th 05, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Getting [re]started in flying

30+ years ago (a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away) I was an
active pilot in my early 20s. I held a CASMELI, CFI and CGI A&I
tickets. Had 1100+ hours PIC mostly in single engine with about 4o0 or
so in light twins. Circumstances in life (not medical) changed my
direction and I haven't flown since around 75. I haven't even paid any
attention to the industry until very recently

Its been so long and I know the regs have to be entirely different from
the early 70s. Certainly the technology has changed even though there
seems to be a lot of familiar airframes still flying.

I've put on some additional ballast (insulation from the cold and
insurance against the great famine) and am on light blood pressure meds.
Otherwise, I'm in pretty good shape for an older guy. No restrictions
on my driver's license.

So I'm looking for a place to drive a stake in the ground to get started
flying again.

Any suggestions? Opinions?

TIA