Old March 28th 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Turk

Default OK, I'm going to ask another fuel tank question.

"Lou" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have searched all throughout the group and I still can't come up
with a decent answer. What is a good fuel tank sealant for composite
tanks, that resist the alchohol that is in todays gasoline? I can't
buy gas around here without the alchohol. There's alot of people that
do not like pro seal because it peals. What are the alternatives?
Lou

After receiving many good hints to my question about one month ago I ended
up using Hylomar. This stuff is supposed to be everything-resistant, can
handle vibration and large temperature fluctuations and seals well. I've
sealed all plugs in my polyethylene tank and there not a single sign of
leakage anywhere.

Rob