Old October 3rd 05, 10:33 PM
soxinbox

You should get 35/29 the power.
Subtract a bit from that to account for the increased temperature of the
input air, which is counteracted by an intercooler if you have one.
The horse power increase is minimal, but every bit helps on take off. The
real advantage is flying high. I don't fly over mountains, but I will try to
fly at 14500 on cross countries because the speed gain is so much. On a
standard day my arrow does 150Kts IAS = TAS at sea level. Take it up to
14000 and the TAS goes up to 180Kts and it lets me fly over low clouds
instead of under them.
The trade off in cost is significant. There is not much difference in
initial cost or normal maintenance; It's all in overhaul.

"John Doe" wrote in message