Old June 24th 15, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default When is too many at a glider meet

I realize your comments are satire, however, the Nimbus 4 is a wonderful glider and fully competitive in National contests. I think the Nimbus always gave away a bit to the ASW-22. The problem the Nimbus had was too much wing, which makes it a great fun glider. It can stay in the air when nothing else can. If you are not a world level competitor the Nimbus4 is an amazing glider, fun and easy to fly and it goes forever. I would have loved to buy a Quintus, but with the problems at Lange, no more Quintus

I do hope both Schempp and Schleicher get back into the single place open market with top designs!

On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 4:59:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
He would probably fly a Quintus... Assuming you could still buy one... The Nimbus 4 is no longer considered competitive.